Thursday, December 14, 2023

High Tech Temporal Confusion

 Journal entry my dream:




The air crackled with an otherworldly energy as I found myself standing in the midst of a familiar city, yet the disorientation gnawed at my senses. It was a mid-century strip mall, but the air felt charged with an odd futuristic vibe. I glanced around, trying to make sense of my surroundings, only to realize that I couldn't determine where or when I was.

A group of people stood beside me, all attempting to enter a secret shop in the mall. A man guarded the entrance, allowing only a select few to pass through. Curiosity ignited within me, and I joined the queue, my anticipation building as I approached the guarded door.

To my left, on the cold sidewalk, lay two men in distress. One convulsed, seemingly electrocuted, while the other appeared entranced by an unknown force. Fear gripped me, and my gaze shifted to the shop's window, revealing a computer screen. On it, I engaged in a conversation with someone, expressing my uncertainty about my presence in this strange place.

Unease settled in, prompting me to abandon the attempt to enter the shop. I ventured to a friend's house, a split-level mid-century home with sleek metal railings dividing its two levels. Inside, my husband sat on a pristine white sofa, and I walked past him toward the dining room.

The room held a plain, modern wood table adorned with a laptop. On the screen my friends gathered, pulling tarot cards, an unexpected turn of events that left me feeling unprepared. I vocalized my confusion, expressing that I thought we had other plans. Two young girls stood beside me, I informed them that I wore headphones but if they wanted to hear they could watch on the TV.

Their eyes sparkled with interest, but to my surprise, they walked past the television without a second glance, leaving me disappointed and bewildered by the inexplicable events unfolding in this time-twisted world.

 

 

This story originated in the realm of my dreams

Deedee Jebrail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Setting dream intentions during the full moon

  Wow it has been a long time since I have posted! Not sure what happened but I am here now and wanted to share some ideas for Dream Intenti...